On the morning of April 20, the launch ceremony of the 2022 China IP Publicity Week was held online. State Councilor Wang Yong gave an important instruction for the Publicity Week. Zhang Gong, head of the State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR), delivered a written address. Shen Changyu, director of the Organizing Committee of the Publicity Week and commissioner of the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA), delivered speeches online. WIPO Director General Daren Tang sent a congratulatory letter.
With the theme "Comprehensively Boost China's Competitiveness in The Area of Intellectual Property Rights", this year's Publicity Week works on in-depth study, publicity and implementation of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, especially the important instructions of CPC General Secretary Xi Jinping on intellectual property work, and a full demonstration of the historic achievements of China in intellectual property development since the 18th CPC National Congress. The Publicity Week will help get well-prepared for the upcoming 20th CPC National Congress by creating an enabling environment for the implementation of the Outlines for Building an Intellectual Property Powerhouse and the 14th Five-Year Plan for Intellectual Property. The event was hosted by the CNIPA and the SAMR along with 18 Party and government institutions as co-organizers, including the Publicity Department of the CPC Central Committee.
At the ceremony, a decision was announced to commend advanced collectives and outstanding individuals of the national intellectual property system. Ninety-nine collectives, including Beijing Haidian District Intellectual Property Office, were awarded the title of "Advanced Collective of the National Intellectual Property System", and 97 people, including Wang Lianjie, were awarded the title of "Outstanding Individual of the National Intellectual Property System. Xie Yongchun, Director of the Science and Technology Committee of 502 Institute, Fifth Academy, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, issued an initiative to the public to jointly protect intellectual property rights and accelerate scientific and technological innovation for a higher level of scientific and technological self-reliance and self-improvement.
During the Publicity Week, member units of the organization committee will carry out more than 70 different activities, creating a new high in number. Following are some of the activites:
–The CNIPAand the Publicity Department of the CPC Central Committee will jointly hold a press conference on "the Development Status of Intellectual Property in China in 2021" at the State Council Information Office.
– The Supreme People's Procuratorate and the CNIPA will jointly hold an event of strengthening the collaborative protection of intellectual property and countersign of collaborative opinions;
– The Publicity Department of the CPC Central Committee will release the top ten cases of combating infringement and piracy in 2021;
– The Supreme People's Court will release the top ten cases of intellectual property in 2021;
– The Supreme People's Procuratorate will release textbook cases of comprehensive judicial protection of intellectual property handled by procuratorial organs;
– The Ministry of Education will hold the annual conference on college and university intellectual property;
– The Ministry of Science and Technology will hold a workshop for technology transfer talents from the Belt and Road countries;
– The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will hold a training session on how to facilitate technological innovation via corporate intellectual property and patent planning;
– The Ministry of Public Security will release relevant typical cases;
– The Ministry of Justice will organize a thematic activity on the publicity and awareness of intellectual property laws;
– The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs will hold a video conference on protecting intellectual property in the seed industry and combating counterfeit and shoddy brand infringement;
– The Ministry of Culture and Tourism will hold a special seminar on intellectual property protection for Party members and officials;
– The National Health Commission will hold a meeting for exchanging experience in the management of medical intellectual property for research managers from the departments directly under the Commission;
– The General Administration of Customs will release the paper "China Customs Intellectual Property Protection Status in 2021" and typical cases;
– The SAMR will release typical cases of administrative enforcement of intellectual property;
– The National Forestry and Grassland Administration will launch the "Green China News 2+1" short video campaign;
– The CNIPA will hold an online open-day event and a high-level forum on intellectual property protection;
– The China Association for Science and Technology will hold a special seminar on "Intellectual Property Protection in the Commercialization of Innovation Results".
In addition, over 1,000 publicity and awarensss activities will also be unfolded locally nationwide under the theme of the Publicity Week, to further create an intellectual property culture environment of "respecting knowledge, advocating innovation, being honest and law-abiding, and competing fairly", and to inspire the innovation and creativity of all people.
The launch ceremony of the Publicity Week will be aired live on the governmental websites of the organizing committee members and new media platforms, with parallel sections arranged for the first time in Inner Mongolia, Jiangsu, Hubei and Guangzhou, where the live streaming will proceed in sequence through v.cctv.com and other platforms. This arrangement will not only meet the requirement of COVID-19 prevention and control nationwide but also expand the scope of involvement in the Publicity Week by internet broadcast.(Translated from CNIPA Website Chinese Version)